Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd is committed to ensuring that all personal information is protected. The Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1998 (CTH) and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, except when qualified by any relevant Codes of Practice, will underpin all matters related to personal information at Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd.
2.1 Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd only collects personal information that is necessary to manage your account(s) and provide a safe and effective service to you.
2.1 One of the main ways in which Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd collects personal information is through memberships and subscriptions. For example, when you become a member or subscribe to the Nurses for Nurses Network or the Nursing CPD Institute, personal information is collected about you in order to:
provide login details and your membership / subscription to you;
ensure your membership / subscription is recorded and maintained for administration purposes;
contact you to obtain your feedback and to find out your level of satisfaction with your membership / subscription;
keep you up to date with information about the services or to provide you with special offers and promotions.
3. Use and Disclosure
3.1 Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd does not disclose information about an individual to any other individual, government authority, or private sector organisation unless one or more of the following applies:
- the individual has consented to the disclosure, and where the information disclosed is related only to the primary purpose for which it was collected or;
- the information provided directly relates to one of the Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd functions or activities or;
- Health Services Evolution Ply Ltd is required by legislation, court order, or other legally enforceable instrument and the request is in an appropriate written form or;
- disclosure is reasonably believed to be necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any person.
3.2 Where these exceptions occur then Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd will:
- state what the personal information will be used for;
- state who will receive the personal information.
3.3 Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd will only use personal information for the purposes for which it is collected – purposes which are directly related to one of Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd functions or activities. Such functions may include mailing, e-newsletters, delivery of purchases, credit card payment authorisation, trend analysis, external audits, market research and promotions. For Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd to perform some of those functions, it is sometimes necessary to disclose your personal information to those suppliers. Where disclosures take place, all personal information provided is kept secure, and only used to perform the task for which they have been engaged to do and is handled by them in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
4. Accuracy of Personal Information
Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd endeavours to maintain your personal information as accurately as possible. However, Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided by you. Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd encourages you to contact us if the personal information held about you is incorrect or to notify us of a change in your personal information.
5. Individual’s Choices
5.1 To manage your contact details as a Nursing CPD Institute member or Nurses for Nurses Network customer, go to “Manage Your Accounts” on the relevant website.
5.2 You may request access to the personal information that Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd retains about you, your account(s) at any time by contacting us on:
- For Nurses for Nurses Network customers: 07 4153 4215 or emailing [email protected]
- For Nursing CPD Institute members: 07 4151 3884 or emailing [email protected]
Requests for your personal information can only be made by you.
5.3 If an individual is listed on one or more of Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd email lists (this includes but is not limited to membership lists, communities of interest, e-newsletters, events notifications) an opt-out option is available at all times. Individuals have the ability to unsubscribe by using the ‘unsubscribe’ options available.
5.3.1 Note – emails that are generated in relation to Membership / Customer activities (financial, passwords, event registrations) are not included in the unsubscribe functionality. Please contact the office on 07 4153 4215 (NfNN) or 07 4151 3884 (NCI) if required.
6. Use of ‘cookies’
7. Financial Transactions
Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd uses eWay as a secure payment portal. To find out more in regard to the eWay payment platform go to www.eway.com.au.
8. Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd Obligations
Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd will:
- make available to all this policy related to the collection, use,
- maintenance and disposal of personal information;
- take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information that is held is relevant, not excessive, accurate, up to date, complete and that the collection does not unreasonably intrude on the personal affairs of individuals;
- retain personal information for no longer than is necessary and then dispose of it lawfully and securely;
- protect personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuses;
9. Privacy Complaints
© 2018 Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd
This document was updated on the 20th December 2018