Summer is a fabulous time – there are lots of social occasions and when it is hot and the drinks are flowing it’s a good idea to keep things light – including your drinks.
This is a great little cocktail for when peaches are in abundance. So if you make it for drinks on the deck at home or a bigger party celebration – it will be a winner.
This Summer Peach Sangria is gorgeous.
- 750ml bottle of your favourite chilled dry white wine
- 1/4 cup Calvados (apple brandy)
- Cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup of castor sugar
- 1 ripe peach thinly sliced
- Lebanese cucumber thinly sliced into ribbons
- 50 grams of strawberries thinly sliced or you can use raspberries
- 1 x 750ml bottle chilled soda water
- fresh mint leaves
1. Combine wine, sugar, brandy, and cinnamon stick in a big jug or punch bowl.
2. Add peach, cucumber, and strawberries or raspberries and place in the fridge to chill – at least a couple of hours.
3. Add mint, soda water, and some ice cubes when you are ready to serve and enjoy!
It would be remiss of me not to mention CPD – after all, it’s why the Nurses for Nurses Network exits. Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is the means by which members of the Nursing profession maintain, improve and broaden their knowledge, expertise and competence, and develop the personal and professional qualities needed throughout their professional lives.
A CPD Travel Conference Cruise provides a great conference experience. Mixing quality education with a fantastic travel experience.
The world is our oyster! I love CPD Travel! Find out where your CPD can take you>>